Mint Coconut Chutney/ Puthina Thenga Chammanthi is a tasty and healthy dipping side dish. It is a quick and easy vegetarian chutney recipe. Mint is a good herb for appetizing and digestion so add more mint delicacies in your menu. In my house occationally I prepare this chutney for Idly, Dosa or Vada with sambar. Try this healthy and simple chutney recipe and enjoy 🙂
|Recipe Type||Chutney/Side Dish|
|Preparation Time||10 to 15 Minutes|
|Serve to||3 to 4|
Ingredients For Mint Coconut Chutney/Puthina Thenga Chammanthi
|Fresh Mint/Puthina Leaves||½ Cup||wash and dry|
|Grated Coconut/Thenga||¼ Cup||Use Fresh|
|Green Chilly||4 to 5||Adjust as per your taste|
|Shallots/Small Onion||1||Diced Finely|
|Tamarind Juice||1 Table Spoon|
|Ginger||1 small piece||Diced Finely|
|Salt||¾ Teaspoon (approximately)||Adjust as per your taste|
|Water||As per your taste consistency|
Ingredients For Tempting Chutney
|Coconut Oil/ Any Veg Oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Mustard Seeds||¼ Teaspoon|
|Urad Daal/Black Gram||¼ Teaspoon|
|Shallot/small Onion||1||Chopped Finely|
|Red Dry Chilly||2||Cut into small pieces|
Method For Mint Coconut Chutney/Puthina Thenga Chammanthi
• Place all ingredients except mint in a grinder. Grind and make a smashed paste.
• Add mint leaves and water (as per your taste consistency).
• Grind and make a smooth form. Transfer and place it to a serving bowl.
• Heat oil in a frying pan and pop mustard seeds. When it’s popped, add urad daal, chopped shallots and red dry chilly pieces. Sauté and fry until golden brown.
• Pour it to Mint Coconut Chutney/Puthina Thenga Chamanthi bowl. Mix well and serve with Idly, Dosa or Vada and enjoy 🙂