Hi friends.. anybody has a plan to bake a Fruit Cake for Christmas in a traditional way? Have you soaked dry fruits and nuts for Fruits cake, for Christmas? Yes! Soaking mixed fruits and nuts for Fruit Cake is the first step and main part of baking a tasty Christmas Fruit Cake. Normally I used to soak fruits and nuts in brandy or dark rum at least 2 or 3 weeks before baking. It surely enhances your cake’s taste and texture greatly. So this is the good time for soaking fruits and nuts for Christmas fruit Cake. Soak the dry fruits and try my traditional Christmas Fruit Cake recipe . Have a wonderful Christmas season to all.
Ingredients and Notes:-
Mixed Dry Fruits – 3 Cups [I used a small packet diced mixed dry fruits ( ¾ Cup) bought from supermarket, 1 cup Sultanas / black dry seedless raisins, ¼ Cup diced Cherry and 1 Cup diced cashew nuts.]
Brandy/Dark Rum – 1.5 Cups
Air-tight Glass Jar/Container – 1 (It must be dry and clean)
• Place all diced fruits in a glass Jar/container.
• Pour brandy/rum over the fruits.
• Cover properly, shake and mix well.
• Keep in a room temperature for minimum one week or maximum 1 month. ( Soaking the fruits for more days, gives your cake wonderful taste and texture)
• Shake the container daily or alternative days (for it to spread and absorb the alcohol well with the dry fruits) until the baking day.
Normally I used this recipe for 2 cups of flour for cake; it can serve to 13 to 15.