Christmas parties are still running around the world; hope all of you are having a great time with family and friends. We have also celebrated our Christmas with lots of food and fun with family and friends. As a part of our Christmas celebration I have tried some simple cake recipes for dessert. My kids asked for a chocolate cake with frosting so I searched a simple and easy recipe without egg. I found this easy recipe from HERE. Check my chocolate cake method video; it is quite easy and simple.
New Year is around the corner so I planned to share with you this sweet and simple recipe as part of new year. Also my blog is celebrating its 3rd anniversary 🙂 Yeah! Time flies and I have around 100 of recipes in my blog. This moment I love to thank you all, especially those of you who have supported me, following my recipes and encouraging me. 🙂 Keep supporting me always, your love and support is my strength and inspirations 🙂 have a wonderful 2017 to all! God Bless!
|Baking and Preparation Time||45 minutes to 1 hour|
|Serve to||4 to 5|
Ingredients For Chocolate Cake
|Milk maid/ Condensed Milk||1 Cup|
|Unsalted Butter||¾ Cup||At Room Temperature|
|Plain Flour/Maida/All Purpose Flour||1 ½ Cup|
|Unsweetened Cocoa Powder||¼ Cup|
|Baking Soda||¾ teaspoon|
|Baking Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Vanilla Extract||¾ teaspoon|
|Warm Milk||¾ Cup|
Ingredients For Frosting
|Unsalted Butter||1/2 Cup||At room temperature|
|Unsweetened Cocoa Powder||½ Cup|
|Icing Sugar/Powdered Sugar||2 Cups|
|Vanilla Extract||1 teaspoon|
|Cold Milk||¼ Cup|
Method For cake
• In a mixing bowl, place condensed milk and butter, beat until smooth and fluffy.
• Sieve and add plain flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt to it. Fold gently.
• Add vinegar, vanilla extract and warm milk accordingly, mix gently until smooth.
• Transfer the batter to pre greased cake tray/tin. Level it.
• Bake cake at 180 Degree Celsius for 25 to 30 minutes (baking time vary upon your oven’s size and heat) or until a tooth pick/ fork inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow cooling completely.
Method For Chocolate Frosting
• In mixing bowl place butter, beat until soft.
• Add cocoa powder, icing sugar, vanilla extract and cold milk. Beat until smooth and spreadable.
Method For Decorating Chocolate cake
• Cut cooled cake in to two without breaking.
• Spread prepared chocolate frosting on the first piece.
• Place another piece on the top.
• Spread the remaining frosting and shape it evenly.
• Cut and Serve, Enjoy 🙂
Note and tips
If you are preserving this cake for more days, use oil instead of butter. Normally butter solidifies after a day or so and the cake turns solid.
Leave a Reply