Mango Cake (Eggless) is very tasty and healthy dessert. Now is mango season in Singapore and I know in India too. Last week I received some sweet and fleshy mangoes from my sister in law. Knowing that mother’s day is just around the corner and the mangoes also ripen, then I got an idea and a Mango Cake recipe from one of my friend. Personally I love mangoes; my mother and mother in law are also great fans of mangoes. As per our taste, I believe most of the mothers also enjoy mango treats like us so I decided to bake an egg less mango cake for all mothers in the world for mother’s day. This recipe and cake came out very well and I enjoyed baking, decorating and eating experience with my loved ones.Here is the awesome Mango Cake recipe. Try it and enjoy the recipe with your mothers with lots of love and care because motherhood is a great thing in the world. Love and respect her and enjoy your motherhood. Happy Mother’s Day 🙂
“When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” ― Sophia Loren
Ingredients For Mango Cake
|Cake flour/All Purpose Flour/Maida||1 1/2 Cups|
|Sweet Ripe Mango||1 ½ cup||Peeled and Diced|
|Fresh Milk||1/2 Cup||You can use Soya Milk instead of fresh milk|
|Butter||1/2 Cup||You can use Canola Oil instead of butter|
|Baking Powder||2 Teaspoons|
|Soda Bi Carbonate||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Almond flakes/ bits||2 to 3 Teaspoons|
|Cardamom Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||A pinch||For Taste|
Ingredients for Frosting Cream, stuffing and decorating/Icing
|Cold Whipping Cream||1/4 Cup|
|Mango puree||1/4 Cup|
|Mango pieces||1/2 Cup(adjust as per your taste)||For stuffing and decorating|
|Almond Flakes||2 Tablespoon||For decorating|
Method For Mango Cake
• Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, soda bicarbonate, and salt and cardamom powder together in a large bowl and Keep aside.
• Place diced mango pieces, milk, butter and almond flakes together in a blender and blend or rinse once or twice and make a puree.
• Pour the puree into the dry mixer bowl, whisk and combine ( with a wooden spoon). Do not over mix the batter.
• Divide the batter equally into two butter greased or flour sprayed trays.( I used two 2 inch heart shape trays)
• Bake it for 20 to 30 minutes (baking time may vary for different ovens) in a preheated Oven 180 degree Celsius or until a tooth pick/fork inserted the center of the cake comes out clean.
• Let them cool in the trays 5 to 10 minutes.
• When cool, remove from the trays and leave few minutes to set.
• Decorate and frost/ Icing as per your taste and talent and enjoy 🙂
If you love to decorate mango cake like me, please read the following instructions.
Method for mango whipping cream
• Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat cold whipping cream and sugar very well.
• When it is soft and smooth, add mango puree in it.Beat well and make a soft cream. Refrigerate it for few minutes.
• Decorate and frost the cake as per your taste and talent.
In this recipe, I baked two heart shaped cakes and decorated it with whipped mango cream, diced fresh mango pieces and almond flakes.
Method For Decorating and Stuffing Mango Cake
• Place the first cake in a flattered tray. Spread and cover whipped mango cream over the cake evenly.
• Spread and sprinkle few diced mango pieces on it evenly.
• Cover and place the second cake on it. Spread whipped cream over it and cover evenly.
• I made a heart shape on the top of the cake with diced fresh mango pieces and sprinkle and garnish some almond flakes over the heart shape.
• After that, place and spread some finely chopped mango pieces around the side of the cake. The tasty beautiful heart shape mango cake is ready.
• Refrigerate the cake next 30 to 45 minutes for setting.Serve and enjoy 🙂