Baby / Small Potato Pepper Stir Fry is very tasty vegetarian dish. It is a good and variety combo with boiled rice or chappathy. Potato is a carbohydrate produce vegetable, if you take it with rice reduce and adjust its proportion.In this recipe I added fresh ground black pepper powder for a great and different taste, it tastes awesome! Now a days we consume same stir fry recipes, try this simple and different recipe for a change and enjoy 🙂
|Recipe Type||Side Dish/ Vegetarian|
|Cooking and Preparation Time||20 to 30 Minutes|
|Serve to||3 to 4|
Ingredients For Baby/Small Potato Pepper Stir Fry
|Baby/Small Potato||500g||Washed and cleaned|
|Coconut /Any veg Oil||2 Tablespoon||Adjust as per your taste|
|Mustard seeds||¼ Teaspoon|
|Ginger||1 Inch Root||skinned and Chopped Finely|
|Garlic||2 or 3 cloves||Peeled and Chopped Finely|
|Big Onion||2 Numbers (Medium Size)||Peeled and Chopped Finely|
|Chilly Powder||½ Tablespoon||For Marinate|
|Turmeric powder||½ Teaspoon||For Marinate|
|Pepper Powder||½ Teaspoon||For Marinate|
|Pepper Powder||1 Teaspoon(Extra)||For Stir Fry|
Method For Baby/Small Potato Pepper Stir Fry
• Pressure cook baby potatoes with required water and salt. when it whistles once, turn off the heat and keep it to cool and release pressure.( Do not overcook potatoes)
• Peal cooled potatoes and add spices for marinate, mix well and keep aside for next 30 minutes in a room temperature.
• Heat oil in a thick bottomed wok or pan.
• Pop mustard seeds and add chopped ginger & garlic. Stir well.
• Add chopped onion and curry leaves, fry until golden brown.
• Add spiced potatoes and stir well. Cover and cook it in a medium heat for 5 minutes. ( Uncover and sauté occasionally, add/sprinkle water if required)
• Uncover the pan and add fresh black pepper powder extra. Sauté well in a high flame.
• Add salt and oil if required, sauté well.
• When it’s dry in texture and all spices are well covered with each potato, turn off the heat and serve hot with boiled rice or chappathi. Enjoy!
Potato is a carbohydrate produce vegetable, if you take with rice reduce and adjust its proportion.
Do not over cook potato for this recipe.
Adding ginger and garlic prevent gastric problems.
Try to use fresh pepper powder in this recipe, it gives your stir fry fresh and spicy taste.
You can find more yummy stir fry recipes here