|Recipe Type||Veg Side Dish/Kerala/India|
|Cooking and Preparation Time||30 to 45 Minutes|
|Serve to||2 to 3|
Ingredients For Okra/Ladies Finger/Vendakka Pepper Fry Kerala (Indian) Style
|Okra/vendakka/Ladies Finger||20 to 25 Numbers||Choose young and tender|
|Coconut Oil/Any Veg Oil||2 tablespoon|
|Mustard seeds||½ Teaspoon|
|Onion/Savola||1 Big||Sliced Thinly|
|Curry leaves||1 Sprig|
|Crushed Black Pepper||1 to 1 ½ Tablespoon||Adjust as per your taste|
|Salt||As per your taste|
Method For Okra/Ladies Finger/Vendakka Pepper Fry Kerala (Indian) Style
• Wash and dry okra/ladies finger using a towel or kitchen tissue. Make sure that okra’s are completely dry otherwise it becomes mushy during cooking.
• Cut okra thinly and length wise.
• Heat oil in a frying pan, pop mustard. Add onion and curry leaves, fry until light brown.
• Add okra/ladies finger. Sauté and fry next 2 to 3 minutes.
• Cover and cook 1 minute.
• Uncover, sprinkle pepper power.
• Add salt to taste.
• Mix well, close and cook next 2 minutes in medium heat.
• Uncover the pan, spread out the okra’s in the pan and fry until it looks very dry in texture or light brown in color.
• Serve with boiled rice or chappathi, enjoy 🙂
Choose young and tender okara/ladies finger for this recipe.