Simple Bitter Gourd/Pavakka Coconut Stir Fry is a tasty vegetarian side dish. Bitter Gourd is a low calorie vegetable but have lots of nutritional and health benefits so try to add this kind of vegetables in your daily menu. In this recipe I add some fresh coconut to mask or lighten the bitter taste of Pavakka/Bitter Gourd. It goes well with boiled rice and chappathi. Try this Simple Bitter Gourd Coconut Stir Fry recipe and enjoy 🙂
|Preparation and Cooking Time
|3 to 4
Ingredients For Simple Bitter Guard Coconut Stir Fry
|Coconut oil/ Any Veg Oil
|Adjust as per your taste
|2 (medium size) Numbers
|Raw and Fresh Bitter Gourd
|3 Medium Size
|As per Your Taste
method For Simple Bitter Guard/ Pavakka Coconut Stir Fry
• Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan or wok. Pop Mustard seeds.
• When it’s popped well, place sliced onion and curry leaves. Sauté until golden brown.
• Add bitter gourd slices and stir well.
• Lower the flame and add spices and salt. Stir well, cover and cook for the next 10 to 15 minutes in a medium heat. (Stir occasionally and make sure it is not burn. If it is very dry sprinkle some water.)
• When the vegetables are cooked well, add grated coconut and stir continuously in a high flame.
• When it’s dry in texture and fried well, turn off the heat.
• Serve hot with boiled rice or chappathi. Enjoy 🙂