We can cook egg curry in different ways. Egg roast, Egg Masala Curry, Egg Kuruma etc… Here I would like to share Egg Curry with Tomato Gravy. It is a great combination with Idiyappam, Appam, Puttu, chappathi, Naan, pratha and bread. Personally, I need more gravy with my breakfast items because I like to soak or dip chapathi or pratha, Appam or Idiyappam with lots of gravy :-). I hope this recipe is for those people who enjoy their food with lots of gravy because it is a thick and tasty textured curry. In this recipe I pressure cook onion and tomatoes separately for that special gravy. It is a good and easy side dish for breakfast and dinner menus. Try this awesome Egg Curry with Tomato Onion gravy and Enjoy 🙂
|Recipe Type||Side Dish|
|Cooking and Preparation Time||20 to 30 Minutes|
|Serve to||3 to 4|
Ingredients For Egg Curry with Onion Tomato Gravy
|Oil||2 Tablespoon||For Pressure Cook|
|Big Onion||2 cups||Chopped Finely|
|Tomato||1 Cup||Chopped Finely|
|Chilly Powder||1 Teaspoon||For Pressure Cook|
|Pepper Powder||A Pinch||For Pressure Cook|
|Mustard Seeds||¼ Teaspoon|
|Ginger and Garlic Paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Green Chilly||2 or 3||Chopped|
|Red Chilly Powder||2 Teaspoon||Adjust as per your taste|
|Coriander Powder||1 ½ Teaspoon|
|Meat Masala/Garam Masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||As per your taste|
|Jaggery or Sugar||1 Teaspoon||For Taste|
|Egg||4||Boiled and shelled|
|Coriander Leaves||For garnishing|
How to make egg curry with Onion and Tomato gravy? Method is here..
• Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pressure cooker in a medium heat. Add chopped onions and tomatoes, stir well.
• Add 1 teaspoon chilly powder, a pinch pepper and salt for onions and tomato gravy. saute and mix well (Do not add water, onion and tomato have plenty of liquid).
• Cover and cook until it whistles once. Leave it cool and release its pressure, Keep aside.
• Heat 1 tablespoon oil in another pan. Pop mustard seeds, when it’s popped add ginger and garlic paste, chopped green chilly and few curry leaves. Sauté well.
• Lower the flame and add remaining spices. Roast until its raw smell goes.
• Add Pressure cooked gravy and sauté 2 to 3 minutes in a medium heat.
• Add salt and sugar/jaggery for taste and water if required. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
• When the gravy thickens, add eggs and mix well.
• Turn off the heat and garnish the Egg Curry with chopped coriander Leaves.
• Serve hot or cold with Idiyappam, Appam, Chappathi, Pratha etc… and enjoy 🙂