There are several types of egg recipes in Indian Cuisine. Egg Masala Curry (Mutta Masala Curry with milk) is a mild spicy curry with excellent taste and texture.For this recipe I added, homemade meat spice powder for fragrance (it gives an awesome aroma and taste) and some fresh milk for thickening the gravy. It is a good side dish for breakfast items like Appam, Idiyappam, Puttu and Chappathi etc.
|Recipe Type||India break fast/ Side Dish|
|Cooking and Preparation Time||30 to 45 Minutes|
|Serve to||4 to 5|
Ingredients For Egg Masala Curry
|Potato||2 Medium Size||Optional|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon||I used Coconut Oil|
|Ginger||1 inch Piece||crushed and Chopped Finely|
|Garlic||2 fat Cloves||Crushed or Chopped Finely|
|Big Onion||4 Medium Size||Sliced Finely|
|Green Chilly||3 Numbers||Cut into lengthwise|
|Tomato||1 Medium Size||Sliced|
|Coriander Powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Kashmiri Chilly Powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder||½ Teaspoon|
|Black Pepper Powder||½ Teaspoon|
|Meat Spices Powder||1 ½ Teaspoon||Refer Notes|
|Fresh Milk||1 Cup||I used cow's milk(refer note)|
|Salt||As Per Your Taste|
Method For Egg Masala Curry
• Boil eggs and potatoes together in a pressure cooker with required water and a pinch of salt. When the pressure cooker whistles once, turnoff the heat, keep aside and leave it to cool. When cooled remove the eggs shell and potatoes skin. Diced the potatoes evenly and cut the Eggs as your desired shape or use whole. Keep aside.
• Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped garlic and ginger. Sauté well. Add sliced onions, green chilly and curry leaves and fry until golden brown. Add diced tomato and sauté until soft. Add Spices and Fry well.
• Add water and salt as per your taste. Cover and cook 5 minutes.Uncover, add cooked eggs and diced potatoes. Cover the pan again and cook the curry next 5 minutes.
• When gravy looks thick, uncover the pan, reduce heat and add Fresh milk (once milk is added,do not boil the gravy), mix and just heat few minutes.
• Taste the Egg Masala Curry and add salt if required.
• Turn off the heat and serve hot or cold with appam, idiyappam, chappathi, puttu etc.and enjoy 🙂
Once milk is added,do not boil the gravy.
You can use coconut milk (medium consistency) instead of fresh milk
If you use whole boiled eggs for this recipe, make some slit in each egg.
Try to use homemade meat masala, you can get its recipe HERE.
For Appam recipe, please click HERE.