Hi friends.. daily same Chicken curry, Mutton Curry, Beef Curry, Egg Curry for chappathy or pratha or Appam ?? We need some different taste..right? Here I would like to share a modified Prawn Curry recipe called Shallow Fried Prawns Curry (Konju Porichu masala Curry). It is very tasty spicy thick gravy and wonderful side dish for Pratha, Chappathi, Appam, Naan, bread or Fried rice etc. Experience the Indian Fragrant prawn masala curry and enjoy the heavenly taste 🙂
|Recipe Type||Side Dish/ Indian/Spicy|
|Cooking and Preparation Time||30 to 45 Minutes|
|Serve to||3 to 4|
Ingredients For Shallow Fried Prawn Masala Curry(Konju Porichu masala Curry)
|Prawns||500g (Big/Medium Sized)||Peeled and Cleaned|
|Chilly Powder||1 Teaspoon||For Marinating Prawns|
|Turmeric Powder||½ Teaspoon||For Marinating Prawns|
|Black Pepper Powder||½ Teaspoon||For Marinating Prawns|
|Meat Masala/Garam masala Powder||½ Teaspoon||For Marinating Prawns|
|Thick Yogurt||1 Tablespoon||For Marinating Prawns|
|Salt||As required||For marinating Prawns|
|Any veg Oil||As required||For shallow frying Prawns|
|Oil||3 Tablespoon||For Prawns Gravy|
|Big Onion||4 Big Sized||Peeled and Sliced thinly|
|Green Chilly||2 numbers||Cut into lengthwise|
|Crushed Ginger and Garlic Paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Red Chilly Powder(kashmiri)||2 Tablespoon||Adjust as per your taste (For Gravy)|
|Coriander Powder||1 Tablespoon||For Gravy|
|Turmeric powder||½ Teaspoon||For Gravy|
|Pepper Powder||½ teaspoon||For gravy|
|Fresh Meat masala/Garam Masala Powder||1 Teaspoon||For Gravy|
|Tomato||1 Big||Chopped Finely|
|Salt||As required||For Gravy|
|Water||1 Cup||Adjust as per your taste|
|Chopped Coriander Leaves||Few||For garnishing Purpose|
|Fresh Meat/Garam masala||A Pinch||For garnishing Prawns Curry|
Method For Shallow Fried Prawn Masala Curry(Konju Porichu Masala Curry)
• Place prawns and all ingredients for marinating prawns in a mixing bowl. Mix and keep at least 15 minutes. Keep aside.
• When marinated well, heat oil for frying prawns in a frying pan. When the oil is hot enough, add prawns and make shallow fry in both sides. Remove from the oil and keep aside.
• Heat oil for gravy in another thick bottomed pan. Add onion, green chilly and curry leaves. Sauté until golden brown.
• Add crushed ginger garlic paste, sauté and fry well.
• Add all masala’s for gravy. Sauté and roast well.
• Add chopped tomato, sauté until soft.
• Add water and salt required. Allow it to boil.
• When it’s boiled well, reduce its heat and add shallow fried prawns.
• Cook the curry until the gravy thickens (Do not close the pan). Taste the prawns curry and add salt if required.
• When the gravy thickens and all prawns well mixed with masala, turn off the heat.
• Garnish Shallow Fried Prawns Curry with chopped coriander leaves and a pinch fresh Meat/Garam masala.
• Serve hot or cold with Prata, Chappathi, Appam, Naan, Bread or Fried rice. Enjoy 🙂
My Shallow Fried Prawn Masala Curry ( Konju Porichu Masala Curry)’s recipe featured in Mathrubhumi online malayalam news paper 🙂 Here is the link http://archives.mathrubhumi.com/mb4eves/online/malayalam/kerala/women/articles/taste-article-504419
Try to use big prawns/tiger prawns for this recipe
Do not overcook prawns, it will become hard and rubbery
Malayalam recipe for Shallow Fried Prawn Masala Curry ( Konju Porichu Masala Curry, please click HERE
Nava Krishnan says
I so agree that the same dishes can be boring. And this delicious masala curry will be loved by all my family members.
Rani Vijoo says
Thank you so much 🙂
Looks finger licking good.. Loved it dear..
Rani Vijoo says
Thanks dear Gloria 🙂