Naadan Kozhi Curry or Kerala Style chicken curry is very tasty and one of the main non veg delicacies of my magic kitchen. The taste of this dish depends on its quality and quantity of ground masala. I normally use homemade meat masala for this recipe. It gives a traditional taste and aroma. Naadan Kozhi Curry (Kerala Style chicken Curry) is a good combination with Kerala Fried Rice, Kerala Prata, Chappathi, Appam, Puttu, Idiyappam and Pathiri etc…Try this awesome recipe and enjoy 🙂
|Recipe Type||Side dish/Spicy|
|Cooking and Preparation Time||30 to 45 Minutes|
|Serve to||4 to 5|
Ingredients For Naadan Kozhi Curry/Kerala Chicken Curry
|Chicken||1 kg||Cut into medium size (without skin)|
|Coconut Oil||2 Tablespoon||Change as per your taste|
|Fennel seeds||A pinch|
|Cinnamon||1 inch stick||Cut into small pieces|
|Shallots/small Onion||10 numbers||Diced|
|Green Chilly||2 or 3||Cut into lengthwise|
|Chilly Powder||2 Tablespoon||Change as per your taste (this recipe is bit spicy)|
|Coriander Powder||1 Table Spoon|
|Pepper Powder||¾ Teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder||3/4 Teaspoon|
|Meat Masala||2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Leaf||For Garnishing|
|Cashew Nuts||5 to 6||For garnishing (Optional)|
Method For Naadan Kozhi Curry/Kerala Chicken Curry
• Heat oil in a sizeable pan/woke. Add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and fennel seeds. Fry well.
• Add sliced onions, diced shallots, green chillies and few curry leaves. Sauté well.
• When it turns golden brown add crushed ginger and garlic. Sauté well.
• Add diced tomatoes and fry well.
• When the tomato pieces become soft add chilly , coriander, turmeric, pepper powders and 1 teaspoon meat masala powder. Fry well and sprinkle some water and sauté well.
• Add cleaned chicken pieces in it. Mix well and sauté 5 minutes.
• Add water (not much because the chicken contains water and it will be release during the cooking process) and salt as per your taste. Mix well.
• Cover it and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
• Uncover the pan and sprinkle the remaining meat masala(1 teaspoon), mix well and cook the curry for next few minutes until gravy thicken(If you want a watery form turn off the heat)
• Turn off the heat and garnish the Naadan Kozhi Curry/ Kerala Chicken Curry with cashew nuts and coriander leaves.
• Serve with kerala fried rice or boiled rice , appam, chappathi, pratha, idiyappam etc..and enjoy!
Do not over cook chicken. It will become hard