Friends, how many varieties of chicken dishes have you eaten so far? And how many of those chicken dishes you know how to prepare? 🙂 I am sure that you have consume quite a variety of chicken dishes such as chicken fries, chicken curry, chicken masala, Chicken biriyani, Chilly Chicken, Chicken Fillet, Chicken Tikka, Chicken 65, Tandoori Chicken, Pepper Chicken etc..etc… ho ho 🙁 it’s a lot chicken items in the world, I can’t write all of them down here 🙁 You know guys, a dead chicken has higher value than live one because they are very much in demand when they appear on the restaurant plates in different forms 😉 Am I correct ??? Yes! I heard your answer 😉 🙂
In my childhood, chicken dishes are celebrities for us on special occasions like Xmas, Easter and Marriage Functions. They appear as chicken fry or curry or chicken biriyani only. Now day’s things are different. My kids are in affair with chicken dishes 😉 either Indian or international 🙂 They know verities of chicken dishes names than me. When dinning out I wonder at their ability to order new chicken items. At the same time I realise the fact and need to learn more chicken recipes for my own survival 😉 🙂 This Pepper Chicken Masala dish is one of such experiment of that survival 😉 🙂 Thank God! I got some good comments and certificate from them so I decide to share this simple recipe to you during this Ramadan festive time. Hope all of you love this chicken pepper treat.
You can prepare Pepper chicken in different style and texture. Here I am introducing with you its Kerala style with pepper masala gravy. For this recipe I used coconut oil and fresh crushed ground black pepper for its original taste and aroma. It is bit spicy dish but well goes with boiled rice, chapatti, naan etc…try and enjoy this different style of chicken recipe. My Warm Ramadan/Ramzan Wishes to all, May all your prayers be answered on this Ramadan/ramzan, Happy Ramadan 🙂
|Recipe Type||Side Dish/Spicy/ Kerala|
|Cooking and Preparation Time||30 to 45 Minutes|
|Serve to||4 to 5|
Ingredients For Pepper Chicken Masala Kerala Style (Chicken Kurumulaku Masala)
|Chicken||1kg||Clean and cut into small pieces|
|Pepper Powder||2 teaspoon||For Marinating Chicken|
|Lemon Juice||1 Tablespoon||For marinating Chicken|
|Salt||½ teaspoon||For Marinating chicken|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon||I used Coconut Oil|
|Onion||2 Numbers||Skinned and Sliced|
|Green Chilly||2 Number||Slit into lengthwise|
|Ginger Paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic Paste||1 ½ Tablespoon|
|Whole black Pepper||2 Tablespoon||For Gravy|
|Turmeric Powder||½ Teaspoon|
|Garam Masala||1 ½ teaspoon|
|Roasted Fennel Powder||2 Pinch||For Garnishing|
|Soya Sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato Sauce||1 ½ Tablespoon|
|Capsicum (Red/Green)||1 small||Diced evenly (Optional)|
Method For Pepper Chicken Masala Kerala Style (Chicken Kurumulaku Masala)
• Marinate the chicken pieces with pepper powder, lemon juice and salt. Keep aside.
• Crush the whole black pepper, keep aside.
• Heat oil in a pan. Add onion, green chili and curry leaves, Sauté until brown.
• Add ginger garlic paste, sauté 2 minutes.
• Reduce the heat, Add crushed black pepper, turmeric powder and garam masala. Mix and sauté 1 minute.
• Add Soya Sauce, tomato sauce accordingly. Sauté 1 minute.
• Add marinated chicken pieces and stir it next 2 minutes in a medium heat.
• Add water, combine well.
• Close and cook for 10 minutes.
• Uncover the pan, add capsicum pieces, and mix well.
• Close and cook next 10 to 15 minutes.
• Uncover the pan and add roasted fennel seed powder, Mix well.
• Taste it and add salt if required. (Refer Note)
• Lower the flame and cook the gravy until thickens or your desirable texture.
• Turn off the heat; serve Pepper Chicken Masala with boiled rice or chappathi. Enjoy 🙂
Adding Salt carefully, soya sauce contains salt flavor.
Try to use fresh crushed black pepper for this recipe, it gives your Pepper Chicken Masala orginal taste and aroma
It is a spicy chicken recipe,you can adjust spices as per your taste.
You can find more chicken recipes HERE.