“Just living is not enough…one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower” Hans Christian Andersen.
Yeah 😀 Just came back from an awesome seaside vacation in Malaysia and obtained handful precious gems to add in my memory chest 🙂 the place was very nice and peaceful. We family enjoyed the salty breeze, swaying trees and dancing waves so much 🙂 really relaxing atmosphere and days! Also we experienced variety of seafood with traditional authentic taste 🙂 Sure! We will return back there again and recollect all 😀
Like everyone after the holiday, I am so lazy to enter my kitchen even though its magical 🙁 😉 but I know that Onam/ ഓണം (the festival celebrated in Kerala, India) is around the corner and I have to prepare banana Upperi (banana chips), sharkkara peratti ((a traditional Kerala sweet with raw banana and Jaggery),kaduku managa (traditional Kerala green mango pickle), naranga achar (lime pickle), Inji curry (ginger curry) etc. etc. for coming Onam celebration and Onam Sadya 🙂 so I said my mind to get out from that laziness 🙂 and decide to cook something prime and similar to restaurant menu. 🙂 because I realise that My taste bud is really missing and longing for some Indian curry so I prepared this aromatic and creamy restaurant style chicken curry with Jeera/Cumin rice, yogurt veg salad and pappad. It is an awesome combo and this nut and coconut creamy curry is also an excellent combo with chapatti, Naan, prata etc.. And we family always used to order this creamy chicken gravy with garlic Naan’s from Indian restaurants 🙂 try this lips smacking indian chicken curry and enjoy 🙂
|Recipe||Indian/Non Veg Side Dish|
|Cooking and Preparation Time||45 minutes to 1 hour|
|Serve to||5 to 6|
Ingredients For Restaurant style Chicken Curry (Creamy Chicken Curry with Coconut and Cashew Nut Paste)
|Chicken||1kg||Cleaned and Cut into medium Size|
|Ginger and garlic paste||1 Tablespoon||To Marinate|
|Kashmiri chili powder||1 tablespoon||To Marinate|
|Black Pepper Powder||½ Teaspoon||To Marinate|
|Turmeric Powder||¼ Teaspoon||To Marinate|
|Garam Masala/Irachi masala Powder||1 Teaspoon||To Marinate|
|Thick Yoghurt||3 Tablespoon||To Marinate|
|Salt||For Chicken||To Marinate|
|Any Veg Oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Big Onion/ Savola||3 Medium size||Skinned and Sliced Thinly|
|Ginger and Garlic paste||1 Tablespoon||To Gravy|
|Turmeric powder||¼ Teaspoon||To Gravy|
|Kashmiri chili powder||11/2 Tablespoon||To Gravy (Adjust as per your taste)|
|Coriander powder||1 tablespoon||To Gravy|
|Garam masala/ Irachi masala Powder||1 Teaspoon||To Gravy|
|Salt||As per your taste|
|Chopped Coriander Leaves||3 Tablespoon||To garnish|
|Cashew Nuts||15 numbers||soaked in warm water for 15 minutes ( To Grind)|
|Grated Fresh Coconut||¼ Cup||To Grind|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon||To Temper|
|Pearl onion||3 to 4||Skinned and sliced thinly||To Temper|
|Curry leaf||Few||To Temper|
Method For Restaurant style Chicken Curry (Creamy Chicken Curry with coconut and cashew nut paste)
• Place chicken pieces and ingredients to marinate in a mixing bowl. Mix well and keep refrigerate next 1 to 2 hours.
• Heat 2 tablespoon Oil in a wide pan, add onion fry until light brown. Add 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste, sauté again until onion looks golden and soft.
• Add spice powders (to gravy), sauté until its raw smell disappear.
• Add tomato, sauté until soft.
• Add salt for gravy, mix well.
• Close and cook them next 5 minutes in a slow heat or all tomato and onion melted with spices.
• Add marinated chicken pieces.
• Mix and sauté next 2 to 3 minutes. Make sure all onion tomato spiced puree well coated with chicken pieces.
• Add water for gravy, mix well.
• Close and cook it next 20 to 30 minutes in a low-medium heat or chicken done.
• In a blender, place soaked cashew nuts, coconut, and 4 tablespoon water. Grind and make a cream paste.
• Pour over the ground cream to the chicken curry, mix well. Heat it next 2 to 3 minutes. Taste it and add salt needed. Keep aside.
• In a frying pan, heat 2 tablespoon oil. Add shallots/small onion, curry leaves. Fry until crispy and golden brown.
• Pour over the curry, mix well. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves. Keep aside few minutes for setting purpose.
• Serve with rice, Naan, chapatti, bread, appam etc. Enjoy 🙂