Nǐhǎo….nǐhǎo ma? or Namasthe…Aap kaise ho? or Hello….How are you? 🙂 Hmmm….you guys are thinking now, whats going on here? and why is Rani behaving like this? 😉 🙂 It is because today I am trying to teach you some Chinese and Hindi words 😉 and also introducing to you a tasty Indochinese(fusion) recipe “Chilly Chicken” 🙂 I learned this recipe for my kuttos (kids), they love this recipe very much.
Chilly Chicken is a combination of fried chicken pieces, some vegetables, spices and sauces. We can cook Chilly Chicken in different ways. The taste and texture of this dish depends on its making. It needs to be sauté in a high flame in a Chinese wok or deep frying pan. Here I present for you Chilly Chicken in a dry texture. It tastes great and it goes with vegetable fried rice, egg fried rice, Naan or chapathi and it can be consume as a starter too. Try this tasty fusion style recipe and enjoy!
|Recipe Type||Side Dish/ Starter|
|Cooking and Preparation Time||20 to 30 minutes|
|Serve to||2 to 3|
Ingredients For Chilly Chicken
|Chicken(boneless and Skinless)||500 Gram||Cut into small medium pieces|
|Green Capsicum||1 Medium Size||Diced|
|Big Onion||1 Big||Diced|
|Corn Starch( Corn Flour)||5 Tablespoon|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Dark Soya Sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Black Pepper Powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Chilly Sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||5 cloves||Chopped Finely|
|Ginger||A Small Piece||Chopped Finely|
|Green Chilly||3 Numbers||Chopped finely|
|Chopped Spring Onions||4 Table Spoon|
|Veg Oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken Stock||1 Cup||Heat a chicken stock cube in a cup of water.Dissolve it and keep aside.|
|Oil||For Frying||For Frying Chicken Pieces|
|salt||As per your taste||Scroll down and refer block quote tips.|
Method For Chilly Chicken
1. Marinate chicken pieces with corn flour, beaten eggs, 1 tablespoon dark soya sauce, 1 Tablespoon ginger garlic paste, 1 teaspoon black pepper powder and salt as per your taste. Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Heat oil for fry in a frying pan. When the oil is warm enough for frying, place marinated chicken pieces one by one with the flour sauce mix. Fry it until both sides are golden brown.
3. Remove the pieces from oil. Drain the excess oil with kitchen tissue. Keep aside.
4. Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a Chinese wok/kadai/ deep frying pan.
5. Add chopped ginger,garlic and green chilly and saute well in a high flame.
6. Add diced onions and capsicum. Saute well in a high flame.
7. Pour chicken stock in it and mix well. Add chicken pieces and sauté continuously.
8. When the gravy thickens add 1 tablespoon soya sauce, 1 tablespoon chilly sauce and 1 teaspoon black pepper powder. Saute continuously in high flame.
9. Sprinkle vinegar and sugar. Mix and saute well.
10. Taste the Chilly Chicken and add salt if required.
11. Sprinkle and garnish chopped spring onions. Mix well and turn off the heat.
12. Serve hot Chilly Chicken with veg fried rice, egg fried rice, Naan or Chappathii and enjoy 🙂
Use salt carefully because soya sauce and chicken stock contains salt flavor
You can use 1 teaspoon MSG for extra taste and flavor. I didn’t use it in this recipe.
If you need Chilly Chicken in a gravy form, Add 2 Tablespoon corn flour liquid (mix 1 tablespoon corn flour in 2 or 3 tablespoon water and make a liquid form) after the 9th cooking method,mix and stir well.Make sure it doesn’t form any lumps.