Do your children always love to order fried rice from restaurants??? Try this recipe for them and arrange your table with restaurant style chicken/veg/egg fried rice. Trust me! You will be in their good chef list 😉 🙂 Yes! this Mixed Fried Rice is a tasty, healthy and filling recipe for your kids because it contains variety of fresh vegetables, chicken and egg. When kids come back from school feeling tired and hungry, it is a holistic meal for their appetite. For this recipe I added my kids favorite vegetables, you can add your own.
Chicken, Egg and Vegetable Mixed Fried Rice (Indochinese Style) a good main course choice for parties and picnics. It is well goes with chilly chicken, pepper chicken, chicken fries etc… Here is the recipe and enjoy 🙂
|Recipe Type||Indochinese/Main Course|
|Cooking and Preparation Time||20 to 30 Minutes|
|Serve to||3 to 4|
Ingredients For Chicken Egg Vegetable Mixed Fried Rice (Indochinese Style)
|Rice (Cooked and Cooled)||3 Cups||Choose any fragrant and whole grain rice|
|Chicken||1 Cup||Cooked and shredded (Refer Method)|
|Any Veg Oil||2 to 3 Tablespoon|
|Ginger||1 Inch Root||Skinned and Chopped Finely|
|Garlic||3 Fat Cloves||Skinned and chopped Finely|
|Onion||1 Small/Medium Sized||Skinned and Chopped Finely|
|Chilly||2 Numbers||Chopped finely|
|Carrot||¼ Cup||Diced finely and evenly|
|French Beans||¼ Cup||Diced finely and evenly|
|Capsicum||¼ Cup||Diced finely and evenly|
|Cabbage||½ Cup||Diced finely and evenly|
|Spring Onion||2 Tablespoons||For Garnish (Optional)|
|Tomato sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Soya Sauce||1 Tablespoon||Adjust as per your taste|
|Fresh Black Pepper Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1 Teaspoon||For Scrambled Eggs|
|Pepper Powder||¼ Teaspoon Extra||For Cook Chicken|
|Fresh Milk||1 Tablespoon||For cook Chicken|
|Pepper Powder||2 pinches Extra||For Egg|
|Salt||As per your taste|
Method For Chicken Egg Vegetable Mixed Fried Rice Indochinese Style
• In a sauce pan add 1 cup bone less chicken pieces (I prefer chicken breast pieces), ¼ teaspoon pepper powder , 1 tablespoon milk and salt, marinate for 15 minutes. Then cook until tender. Keep aside for cool and shred it.
• Prepare and arrange all ingredients for mixed fried rice.
• Heat oil in a wide pan or Chinese wok. Add ginger, garlic, onion and chilly. Sauté (medium heat) until golden brown.
• Add French beans, carrot, and sauté next 2 to 3 minutes in a high flame.
• Add cabbage and capsicum, sauté next 2 to 3 minutes in a high flame.
• Add soya sauce, tomato sauce, 1 teaspoon pepper powder, salt for vegetables (not much, because soya sauce contains salt flavor). Mix and sauté in a high flame continuously until all spices well coated with vegetables.(do not overcook vegetables)
• Add cooked and shredded chicken, sauté next 2 to 3 minutes in a high flame.
• Add rice, mix and sauté (high heat) until all ingredients well combined. Remove the fried rice pan from the heat.
• In a mixing bowl, place 2 eggs, pepper and salt for egg.
• Beaten well.
• Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a frying pan. Add egg mixture.
• Fry and scramble the egg slowly.
• Place the scrambled egg over the fried rice, combine well.
• Add spring onion for garnish. Mix well.
• Our yummy mixed fried rice ready! Serve hot and enjoy 🙂
Tips and Notes
Choose any whole/long grain rice for fried rice recipe.
Do not overcook rice for fried rice.
You can use leftover rice for this recipe.
Do not overcook vegetables, for this recipe we need a crunchy texture.
You can use chilly sauce instead of green chilly.