Spicy Chicken Leg Fry (Indian Style) is a tasty and crunchy Indian appetizer or side dish. In this recipe, I used fresh aromatic Indian spices and curry leaves blended paste for its ground masala. The fresh chicken legs/thigh must be marinated with these spices paste and refrigerated for 3 hours (at least). In Kerala (India), chappathy and kozhikkaallu Porichathu (Chicken Leg Fry) is an important delicacy in all mallu non veg restaurants. Yeah! It tastes awesome:-) and it is a good recipe for parties, picnics and festivals too. Try this aromatic Spicy Indian Style Chicken Leg Fry and enjoy 🙂
|Recipe Type||Spicy Fry/Side Dish|
|Cooking and Preparation Time||15 Minutes|
|Resting Time||3 hours (At least)|
|Serve to||3 to 4|
Ingredients For Spicy Chicken Leg Fry (Indian Style)
|Fresh Chicken Leg pieces||10 Numbers||With Skin|
|Ginger||4 Inch Root||Skinned and Diced|
|garlic||4 Cloves||Skinned and Diced|
|Shallots/Small Onions||5 Numbers||Skinned and Diced|
|Cinnamon Stick||2 inch||Cut into small pieces|
|Cloves||5 to 6|
|Fennel seeds||2 Pinch|
|Black Pepper Seeds||6 to 8 seeds||Adjust as per your taste|
|Curry Leaves||A hand full|
|Red Chilly Powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||As per Your Taste|
|Oil||For Deep Fry Chicken Legs|
Method For Spicy Chicken Leg Fry (Indian Style)
• Place ginger, garlic, shallots, cardamom, cinnamon sticks, cloves , fennel seeds, curry leaves and pepper seeds in a blender or food processor. Blend and make a crushed form.
• Add spice powders and salt as per your taste in it. Blend again and make a paste form. Keep aside.
• Place chicken leg pieces in a big mixing bowl. Using a sharp knife, make 2 slits on both sides of each chicken legs.
• Marinate chicken legs with the masala paste.
• Make sure each chicken piece well covered with masala paste.
• Place it in an air-tight container and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
• Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
• Place marinated chicken pieces one by one and fry it in a medium heat.
• When both sides are gold brown, remove it from oil and place on kitchen towel/tissue to remove excess oil.
• Serve hot and crispy with chappathy or boiled rice and enjoy 🙂
You can freeze the marinated chicken leg pieces and use as per your need
Long hours marinated chicken will give you more taste but you need to freeze them