Spicy Chicken Popcorns (Kerala Style) is a tasty and crunchy snack or side dish. It is a combination of chicken pieces (boneless or with bones), Indian spices, flours, curry leaves and yogurt. With my own experience, it is a good and crunchy chicken fries for kids as well as adults. Try and enjoy the typical Kerala (Indian) spicy crunchy taste and enjoy 🙂
|Recipe Type||Snack/Side Dish/ Kerala|
|Cooking and Preparation Time||10 to 15 Minutes|
|Serve to||2 to 3|
Ingredients For Spicy Chicken Popcorns (Kerala Style)
|Chicken||500g||Cut into Small pieces(Boneless or With bone)|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1 tablespoon|
|Shallots/Onion Paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Chilly Powder||2 Tablespoon||Try to use Kashmiri Chilly For the red colour|
|Turmeric Powder||½ Teaspoon|
|Meat/ All Spices Powder||1 Teaspoon||Try to use fresh Powder|
|Black Pepper Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Corn Flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Rice Flour||1 tablespoon|
|Curry leaves||Crushed||From One hand full Curry leaves|
|Salt||As per your Taste|
|Oil||For deep fry|
Method For Spicy Chicken Popcorns (Kerala Style)
• Place chicken pieces in a mixing bowl.
• Add all spices, yogurt, flours and salt as per your taste.
• Mix and marinate well.
• Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
• Heat oil in a frying pan.
• When oil is warm enough, add chicken pieces and fry until golden and crispy.
• Remove it from oil and drain in a tissue paper.
• Serve hot and crispy. Enjoy 🙂