Chicken Masala (Dry) with homemade Meat/Chicken Roasted Spices Powder Mix is a very tasty dish. The taste and fragrant of homemade masala enriches the dish taste and texture. The highlight of this dish is its dry texture so I avoid water in this recipe. There is sufficient water in the chicken meat, which will be enough for this recipe and its cooking process . It is a typical Kerala style dish because I made this recipe with Kerala’s signature ingredients coconut oil, spices and garnish with fried curry leaves. That also gives a special taste and aroma in this recipe. Chicken Masala is a good side dish with boiled rice, chapatti, naan etc.. Try this authentic kerala chicken delicacy and enjoy!
|Recipe Type||Kerala/ side dish|
|Preparation and Cooking Time||30 to 45 Minutes|
|Serve to||4 to 5|
Ingredients For Chicken Masala (Dry)
|Chicken||1kg||Cut in to small pieces (with bone)|
|Pepper Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||For Marinating Purpose|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||For marinating Purpose|
|Coconut Oil||2 tablespoon|
|Mustard Seeds||1/4 teaspoon|
|Big Onion||3||Peeled and Chopped Finely|
|Green Chilly||2 or 3||Cut into lengthwise|
|Ginger||2 inch route||Peeled and crushed|
|Garlic||4 Cloves||Peeled and Crushed|
|Tomato||1 Big||Chopped Finely|
|Homemade Chicken/ Meat Roasted Spices Powder Mix||As per need||Click and read the recipe|
|Salt||As per your taste|
|Coconut Oil||1 Tablespoon||For frying curry leaves|
|Curry leaves||Few||For Frying and Garnishing|
Method For Chicken Masala (Dry)
• Marinate chicken pieces with ½ teaspoon pepper powder, ½ teaspoon turmeric powder and salt for chicken. Keep aside.
• Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a wok or medium size deep frying pan.Pop mustard seeds.
• Add onion, green chilly and few curry leaves and sauté well.
• When it is light brown, add crushed garlic and ginger. Sauté well.
• Add chopped tomatoes and sauté until soft.
• Add marinated chicken pieces in it . Mix and sauté well.
• Cover and cook 10 minutes. Uncover and sauté occasionally to prevent burning.
• Add homemade chicken/meat masala powder. Sauté and mix well.
• Cover the pan and cook it for next 10 to 15 minutes.
• Uncover the pan and sauté chicken masala occasionally to prevent burning.
• Taste and add salt if required.
• When it is dry in texture, the chicken pieces are well covered in masala, turn off the heat and keep aside.
• Heat 1 table spoon oil in an another frying pan. Add few curry leaves and fry well.
• Pour the fried curry leaves and oil over the chicken masala and mix well.
• Serve hot with boiled rice, chapatti, naan etc.. and enjoy!