Chicken Masala (Dry) with homemade Meat/Chicken Roasted Spices Powder Mix is a very tasty dish. The taste and fragrant of homemade masala enriches the dish taste and texture. The highlight of this dish is its dry texture so I avoid water in this recipe. There is sufficient water in the chicken meat, which will be enough for this recipe and its cooking process . It is a typical Kerala style dish because I made this recipe with Kerala’s signature ingredients coconut oil, spices and garnish with fried curry leaves. That also gives a special taste and aroma in this recipe. Chicken Masala is a good side dish with boiled rice, chapatti, naan etc.. Try this authentic kerala chicken delicacy and enjoy!
|Kerala/ side dish
|Preparation and Cooking Time
|30 to 45 Minutes
|4 to 5
Ingredients For Chicken Masala (Dry)
|Cut in to small pieces (with bone)
|For Marinating Purpose
|For marinating Purpose
|Peeled and Chopped Finely
|2 or 3
|Cut into lengthwise
|2 inch route
|Peeled and crushed
|Peeled and Crushed
|Homemade Chicken/ Meat Roasted Spices Powder Mix
|As per need
|Click and read the recipe
|As per your taste
|For frying curry leaves
|For Frying and Garnishing
Method For Chicken Masala (Dry)
• Marinate chicken pieces with ½ teaspoon pepper powder, ½ teaspoon turmeric powder and salt for chicken. Keep aside.
• Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a wok or medium size deep frying pan.Pop mustard seeds.
• Add onion, green chilly and few curry leaves and sauté well.
• When it is light brown, add crushed garlic and ginger. Sauté well.
• Add chopped tomatoes and sauté until soft.
• Add marinated chicken pieces in it . Mix and sauté well.
• Cover and cook 10 minutes. Uncover and sauté occasionally to prevent burning.
• Add homemade chicken/meat masala powder. Sauté and mix well.
• Cover the pan and cook it for next 10 to 15 minutes.
• Uncover the pan and sauté chicken masala occasionally to prevent burning.
• Taste and add salt if required.
• When it is dry in texture, the chicken pieces are well covered in masala, turn off the heat and keep aside.
• Heat 1 table spoon oil in an another frying pan. Add few curry leaves and fry well.
• Pour the fried curry leaves and oil over the chicken masala and mix well.
• Serve hot with boiled rice, chapatti, naan etc.. and enjoy!