Ghee Roast/Neyi Dosa is a tasty and crispy south Indian traditional breakfast or main dish.It is a favourite dish for most kids. In my house, I occasionally prepare Ghee Roast/ Neyi Dosa in a simple and easy way for my kids. Here I present to you that simple Ghee Roast/ Neyi Dosa recipe and its method…try it and enjoy 🙂
|Recipe Type||Breakfast/ Main Dish|
|Cooking time||15 to 20 minutes|
|Serve to||2 to 3|
Ingredients For Ghee Roast/Neyi Dosa
|Raw Rice||1 cup|
|Black Lentil/gram (Urad Daal)||1/2 cup||Whole(without skin)|
|Fenugreek Seed||A pinch|
|Salt||As Per Your Taste|
|Sesame (Gingelly) Oil||For Greasing Purpose|
|Ghee||For Spreading Purpose||As per Your Taste|
Method For Simple Ghee Roast/Neyi Dosa
1. Soak rice, lentil and fenugreek seeds for 3 to 4 hours.
2. Grind it with required water in a mixer or food processor and make a smooth and thick batter.
3. Keep it for 8 to 12 hours in a room temperature for fermentation.
4. When it’s fermented add salt as per your taste and water if required. Mix well.
5. Heat a non-stick Dosa pan/ Dosa tawa in a medium heat. Grease some gingelly oil and pour a big spoonful Dosa batter on the pan. Spread it and make a big/medium thin circle shape.
6. When the one side is cooked, flip over and spread 1/2 tablespoon ghee on it and raise the flame.
7. When it is golden brown and crispy, lower the flame.
8. Fold or roll the Ghee Dosa and remove from the heat.
9. Serve hot with Sambar or Chamandhi/Chatni and enjoy 🙂