Mutton Stew is a Kerala style Christian dish. It reminds me of my mom’s Christmas and Easter breakfasts in my childhood days. It brings back fond memories of my childhood. During those days I have enjoyed the stew with Palappam or Bread as breakfast, lunch and dinner till the pan get empty. 🙂 yeah! She is an excellent stew maker. Today I will attempt to share that recipe with you. I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I do. I usually use home made meat spices masala in my magic kitchen. It gives a special taste and smell.
|Cooking Time||30 to 45 Minutes|
|Recipe Type||Side Dish|
|Serve||4 to 5 People|
Ingredients For Meat Masala/Irachi Masala
|Cinnamon||1 Inch Stick||Cut in to small Pieces|
|Fennel Seed||One Pinch|
Roast all the spices and make it to powder form.
Ingredients For Pressure Cook
|Mutton With Bones||500 Gram||cut in to 1/2 inch cubes|
|Carrot||1||Cut in to 1/2 inch cubes|
|Potato||2||Cut in to 1/2 inch cubes|
|Big Onion||1||Sliced finely|
|Green Chilly||4||Slit length wise|
|Ginger||1/2 Teaspoon||Chopped or Crushed|
|Garlic||1/2 Teaspoon||Chopped or Crushed|
|Meat Masala/Irachi||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry leaves||As per your taste|
|Salt to taste||As per your taste|
Ingredients For Stew
|Dry Chilly||2||Cut into Small Pieces|
|Tomato||1 Medium Size||Sliced|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Meat Masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Pepper Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cashew Nut Powder||1 Tablespoon||Grind a hand full cashew nuts and make powder form.|
|Milk (Coconut/Cow's)||2 Cup||Thick|
|Curry Leaves||As per your taste|
|Salt||As per your taste.|
1. Place all ingredients for pressure cooker in a cooker, turn on the heat.
2. When the cooker whistles twice, turn off the heat. Keep aside and allow its pressure to release.
3. Heat oil in a deep pan. Add chopped ginger, garlic, shallots, dry chilly and curry leaves, saute until golden brown.
4. Add chopped tomatoes.
5. When it turns soft, add pepper and meat Masala powders. saute and mix well.
6. Pour the cooked pressure cook ingredients with the stock.
7. Add water if needed and boil it in a medium heat.
8. Cook until the liquid quantity to 1/3.
9. Reduce heat, add milk and cashew nut powder, stir well(Do not allow the stew to boil, once the milk has been added).
10. Taste stew and add salt to taste.
11. Turn off the heat and sprinkle some pepper powder or crushed pepper for taste and smell.
12. Serve hot with appam, Idiyappam, chappathi or bread.Enjoy 🙂
Leave a Reply