Rava/ Semolina/ Sooji kesari is a common sweet in South and North India. It is a perfect recipe for festivals and parties. It is a simple recipe for all sweet lovers. Yeah! anyone can try this recipe, even those who are lazy in kitchen 😉 🙂 Here is the simple sweet recipe, make a try and enjoy the sweet feast:-)
|Cooking time||15 to 20 mins|
|Serve||6 to 8|
|Rava / Sooji / Semolina||1 cup|
|Sugar||3/4 to 1 cup||Adjust asper your taste|
|cow's Milk||1 cup|
|Cashew Nuts and raisins||10 each|
|Warm Milk||1 Tablespoon|
|Cardamom Powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||A pinch||For taste|
|Kesar Food Colour||A pinch||Dilute in a tablespoon of water|
|Cashew Nuts Raisins and Almond Flakes||Few||For Garnishing|
Method For Kesari
1. Place saffron and 1 tablespoon of warm milk in a bowl, mix well and keep a side.
2.Heat a pan place semolina/rava, roast for 5 to 10 minutes or until it turn to light brown. Remove and keep aside. 3. Add 1 tablespoon ghee in the same pan, place cashew nuts and raisins. Fry until golden brown and keep aside.
4. Place milk and water in the same pan and boil. When its boiled well, add roasted semolina/rava and mix. Stir continuously to prevent lumps forming.
5. Add sugar and a pinch of salt for taste, mix well.
6. Add remaining ghee accordingly and stir continuously.
7. Add kesar colour liquid and saffron milk, stir continuously.
8. When mixture is thicken, add cardamom powder, roasted cashew nuts and raisins. Mix well.
9. Remove from heat.
10. Apply some ghee on a medium deep tray and place the cooked kesari and (use a spoon) level it.
11. Sprinkle some ghee over it and leave for setting.
12. When its set well, cut it into your desirable shapes and garnish with your desirable dry fruits.
13. Serve and enjoy 🙂
Refrigerate for setting. It helps easy to cut and shape.
Tried out this recipe specially for my 10yr old daughter and it turned out very nice…
Yummy… Thks for sharing this recipe.
Rani Vijoo says
Thanks Dear Za….happy to hear from you.My love and hi to your daughter..:-)
Please post more vegetarian recipe …
Rani Vijoo says
Ok dear Za…I will do that! More vegetarian recipes coming soon!!! Thanks for your encouragement and support. Keep supporting..Thanks 🙂