Rava/Semolina/ Sooji Coconut Laddu is a tasty and easy Indian sweet snack. It is quick and popular sweet snack for Diwali season. In my case, it is a last minute Diwali treat for my house hold and friends. I hope all of you are busy preparing for your Diwali feast and celebration. On this auspicious festival of lights, May the glow of joy, Prosperity and happiness illuminate your life and home. Wishing you a Happy and safe Diwali. Enjoy 🙂
|Recipe Type||Sweet Snack/Indian|
|Cooking and Preparation Time||15 to 20 Minutes|
|Serve to||5 to 6|
Ingredients For Rava Coconut Laddu
|Rava/Semolina/ Sooji||2 Cups||Place in a blender and powder it. Keep aside.|
|Grated Coconut||1 ½ Cup||Fresh|
|Sugar||1 1/4 Cup||Place in a blender and powder it. Keep aside.|
|Warm milk||¼ Cup|
|Ghee||3 to 4 table spoon||Adjust as per your taste|
|Cashew Nuts||10 to 15 numbers||Cut into small pieces|
|Raisins||10 to 15|
|Cardamom Powder||2 Pinch||Try to use fresh powder|
|Saffron strands||2 pinch||Optional|
Method For Rava Coconut Laddu
• Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in a thick bottomed wok or pan. Place Cashew nuts and raisins, roast and fry until golden. Remove and keep aside.
• Heat remaining ghee in the same pan and add powdered semolina/rava/sooji . Roast and stir in a low flame until light brown in colour.
• Add coconut and stir next 3 to 4 minutes.
• Add powder sugar and stir continuously next 3 to 4 minutes.
• Add warm milk slowly and mix well.
• When it’s thick and sticky in consistency, turn off the heat and add roasted cashew nuts, raisins, saffron Strands and cardamom powder. Mix well.
• When the heat is manageable, use your hands and shape it in to medium size balls or your desirable shapes.
• When it’s cool, store it in an air-tight container for a while and use as per your taste and need(Do not keep more than a few days) and enjoy 🙂
Adjust sugar and ghee as per your taste.
Cook in low heat and prevent from burning because we using powder form in this recipe.
Do not keep Rava Coconut Laddu more than a few days because it contains coconut and milk. It will go off other wise refrigerate it.