Every day chicken curry, mutton curry, fish curry…..long recipes and ingredients …guys we need a change, right? Yeah! Definitely, I need 😉 🙂 so today I share with you a simple and easy sweet snack recipe “Aval Laddu” (അവൽ ലഡ്ഡു /Poha laddu/ Rice flakes Laddu). This recipe I made for my sweet, sweet lover hubby 🙂 . Every evening he wants some kadi (snack) with his tea and I am responsible to make something for him because I believe the famous quote from Fanny Fern “The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach “ 😉 🙂 So ladies, note the point, cook and serve as per your man’s taste & mood 🙂 and try to get into his heart without any obstacle 🙂 Anyway this recipe also a good sweet treat for parties and festivals.Make a try and enjoy the sweet feast.
|Recipe Type||sweet Snack/Dessert|
|Cooking and Preparation Time||20 to 30 Minutes|
|Serve to||4 to 5|
Ingredients For Aval Leddu
|Aval/ Poha / Uncooked flattened Rice||1 cup||white or brown (As per your taste)|
|Jaggery/ Sharkkara||1 cup||Broken into small pieces|
|Grated coconut||1 cup||Fresh|
|Ghee||2 Tablespoon||Change as per your taste|
|Cashew Nuts||10 Pieces||Crushed|
|Raisins||10 to 15 pieces|
method For Aval Leddu
• Heat a pan in a medium heat.Place Aval and roast 4 to 5 minutes. Keep aside and leave it to cool.
• Heat jaggery in a sauce pan with little water and melt it. When melted jaggery well, keep aside and allow it to cool. When cooled, strain its impurities and keep aside.
• Heat a pan, place melted jaggery syrup and boil. Add roasted Aval and mix well. Sauté 3 to 4 minutes (roasted Aval will absorb the melted jagerry syrup and it helps to cook aval).
• When its in a semi dry in texture, add fresh coconut and ghee, mix well and sauté continuously for next 2 minutes.
• Add crushed cardamom gradually and mix well.
• When its looks dry in texture, add crushed cashew nuts and raisins. Mix well and turn off the heat. Your Aval Laddu mixture is ready! Keep aside to warm.
• Take warm (not hot) Aval mixture handful and make a small medium round shape. Make sure each laddu include enough raisins and cashew nuts.
• Do the same process until all aval mixture done.
• Serve Aval Laddus with tea or as a dessert. Enjoy 🙂
Store Aval Laddus in an air-tight containers for next one to two days. If you store more days, refrigerate it.