Seer/King Fish (Ney Meen) Cutlet or fish patties is a crunchy and spicy seafood treat from Kerala, India. Like Beef Cutlet, it also a good finger food or starter or snack for Kerala/Indian parties and festivals.You can prepare fish Cutlets with any firm fish meat.From my experience Seer/king Fish gives you a perfect and tasty cutlets. In my home, it is a favorite side dish with rice, chappathi, Appam etc..Make a try and experience this tasty and spicy kerala recipe. Enjoy 🙂
|Recipe Type||Starter/Appetizer/Snack/Finger Food /Kerala(India)|
|Cooking and Preparation Time||45 minutes|
|Serve to||3 to 4|
Ingredients For Seer/King Fish Cutlet kerala Style (Neymeen Cutlet)
|King/ Seer Fish Pieces||500g||Cleaned|
|Shallots/Pearl onions/ Kochully||8 to 10||Skinned and Diced|
|Ginger||1 Inch Root||Skinned and Diced|
|Garlic||2 Cloves||Skinned and Diced|
|Green Chilly||1 Number||Chopped Finely (Optional)|
|Curry leaves||5 to 6 Leaves|
|Pepper Powder||½ teaspoon||For Cooking Fish|
|Turmeric Powder||¼ Teaspoon||For Cooking Fish|
|Pepper Powder||½ Teaspoon|
|Chilly Powder||½ Teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder||¼ Teaspoon|
|Salt||As per Your Taste|
|Mashed Potato||From 2 medium sized boiled potatoes|
|Egg White||From 2 eggs||Beaten|
|Bread Crumbs||1 Cup||For rolling/covering Cutlets|
|water||For cooking Fish pieces|
|Oil||For Deep Fry|
Method For Seer/King Fish Cutlet kerala Style (Neymeen Cutlet)
- Boil fish pieces with salt & water (for cooking fish), ½ teaspoon turmeric powder and ½ teaspoon pepper powder. Cook until soft and dry, it will be taken 10 to 15 minutes. When cooled, remove the bones and shred it.
- In a grinder/ blender, place shallots, ginger, garlic, green chilly and curry leaves. Grind and make a crushed form. Keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, place shredded fish, mashed potatoes, crushed ingredients, ½ teaspoon pepper powder, ½ teaspoon chilly powder, ¼ teaspoon turmeric Powder and salt ( Add salt carefully, cooked fish and boiled potato has salt)Combine well.
- Take a small portion of cutlet mix in your palm; make a small flat round shape.
- Dip it into beaten egg white.
- When egg whites well coated, place it into bread crumbs and cover/roll well. Keep aside.
- Do the processes until all cutlets mix complete.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. When it’s hot enough for frying, place the shaped cutlets one by one.
- Fry until, both sides are crispy and golden. Remove from heat.
- Serve hot and crispy and enjoy 🙂
You can freeze the shaped cutlets for 1 to 2 weeks; bring it to room temperature before your frying time.
It is a spicy cutlets recipe, adjust spices as per your taste
Add salt carefully, cooked fish and boiled potato has salt.