Beef Cutlet/ബീഫ് കട് ലെറ്റ് (Indian Style Beef/Meat Cutlet) is a crunchy and crispy meat treat from Kerala, India. It is a good finger food or starter or snack for Indian parties and festivals. In christian marriages in kerala, Appam or Bread and Stew with cutlets is a famous and popular combination. In this recipe I used fresh minced meat instead of blended cooked beef. I am sure this varied process gives you a perfect textured and tasty beef cutlets.Try this tasty and crunchy meat recipe and enjoy 🙂
Hope you all enjoy this quick video before reading recipe 🙂 😀
|Recipe Type||Appetizer/Starter/Snacks/Finger Food/Side Dish/ India|
|Cooking and Preparation Time||45 minutes|
|Serve to||5 to 6|
Ingredients For Beef Cutlets (Indian Style Beef/Meat Cutlets)
|Fresh Minced Beef||500g||Washed and Strained|
|Ginger||1 1/2 Tablespoon||Finely Chopped|
|Garlic||1 tablespoon||finely chopped|
|Big Onion||2 Medium Size||Chopped finely|
|Curry leaves||few||Cut into small (with the help of a kitchen scissor)|
|Black Pepper Powder||1 1/2 Teaspoon||Adjust as per your taste|
|Turmeric Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilly Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala/Meat Masala Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||As per your taste|
|Mash Potato||From 2 Big Boiled Potatoes|
|Bread Crumbs||2 tablespoon||For cutlet Mix|
|Bread crumbs||For Rolling/Covering Cutlets|
|Egg White||From 2 or 3 eggs||Beaten|
|Oil||For Deep fry|
Method For Beef Cutlets (Indian Style Beef Cutlets)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan, add chopped ginger and garlic. Sauté 1 minute.
- Add chopped onion and curry leaves, sauté until golden brown.
- Add minced beef, stir 2 to 3 minutes. Add all the spices and stir next 2 minutes.
- Add salt as required, cover and cook for 5 minutes in a lower heat. ( Do not add water, the cooking beef produce sufficient water)
- Uncover the pan and cook until the beef mix very dry in texture. Remove from heat and leave it to cool.
- When it’s cool, add mashed potato and 2 tablespoon bread crumbs. Add salt if needed, combine well. Beef cutlet mix is ready.
- Take a small portion of cutlet mix in your palm; make a small flat round shape.
- Dip it into beaten egg white.
- When egg whites well coated, place it into bread crumbs and cover/roll well.keep aside.
- Do the processes until all cutlets mix complete.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. When it’s hot enough for frying, place the shaped cutlets one by one.
- Fry until crispy and golden. Remove from heat.
- Serve hot and crispy with appam and stew. Enjoy 🙂
You can use beef pieces instead of minced beef. Cook it with a pinch pepper, turmeric powders and salt. Dry then blend it, make a minced form. The other processes are same.
You can freeze the shaped cutlets for 1 month; bring it to room temperature before your frying time.