Crispy Soya Chunk Masala Ball is very tasty and delicious vegetarian snack, starter or side dish. I prepared this recipe for my vegetarian friends and followers as a substitute for Crispy Chicken balls which I prepared and posted few weeks back. It is very simple recipe and turns out very well. Normally in my home, nobody likes soya chunks because of its typical raw smell and taste. To my amazement, everyone enjoyed these crispy balls and its magic recipe. Crispy Soya Chunk Masala Balls are a good item for veg parties and family get together. Try this simple and easy recipe and enjoy 🙂
|Recipe Type||Snack/Side Dish|
|Cooking and Preparation Time||30 to 40 Minutes|
|Serve to||4 to 5|
Ingredients For Crispy Soya Chunk Balls
|Soya Chunk||1 cup|
|Big Onion||1 Big||Chopped Finely|
|Garlic||3 Cloves||Chopped Finely|
|Red Chilly Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam Masala||½ Teaspoon|
|Pepper Powder||¼ Teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder||¼ Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||½ Teaspoon|
|Corn Flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Bread Crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||As per Your Taste|
|Egg White||From 2 Egg||For dipping purpose|
|Bread Crumbs||Required||For Coating Purpose|
|Oil||For Deep Fry|
Method For Crispy Soya Chunk Masala Balls
• Soak soya chunk for an hour in the water.
• Strain and pressure cook for 1 whistle. Leave it to cool and release pressure.
• When cooled, squeeze and remove its water and mash/crush well with your fingers.
• Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok/sizable frying pan, add chopped garlic and onion and sauté well.
• Add mashed soya chunks and stir one minute.
• Add all masala powders and salt. Stir well.
• When the texture is dry and all masala’s mix with soya chunk, turn off the heat and leave it to cool.
• When cooled, add 2 tablespoon corn flour and 2 tablespoon bread crumbs.
• Mix well with your hand. Soya Chunk masala ball mix is ready.
• Take a small portion soya chunk masala mix in your hand and make a small circle ball.
• Dip well each ball into beaten egg white.
• Place into bread crumbs, cover and coat it evenly.
• Repeat the process until the soya chunk masala mix will finish.
• Heat oil in a frying pan. oil is warm enough for fry, add soya chunk masala balls one by one.
• Fry until golden and crispy. Remove it from heat and place all balls on the kitchen tissue/towels.
• When excess oil is removed, serve hot and enjoy!