Do your kids love fish??? My answer is No 🙁 Do your kids eat crispy fish balls/ fillets/ fingers/ nuggets / cutlets from restaurants? My answer is a big YES 🙂 Then why complain your kids hate fish? 😉 Yeah! Most of the kids/teenagers dislike fish in curry and soup forms but they love mild spicy fish in crispy and fried ways. That is my experience from my kids so I started to try and prepare more Finger food recipes for my kidoos 🙂 This is one of that! Crispy fish balls is very easy recipe, the only tough part is the removal of the bones from the cooked fish. If your kids love and enjoy this crispy fish balls, that tough part will be very easy for you 🙂 Trust me! They will love it with tartar sauce. Give a try and enjoy your kids happiness 🙂 and say “my kids are fish lovers” 🙂
|Recipe Type||Finger Food/Starter/Appetizer|
|Cooking and Preparation Time||45 Minutes to 1 Hour|
|Serve To||5 to 6|
Ingredients For Crispy Fish Balls (Pan Fried Fish Balls)
|Seer Fish/ King Fish/ Neymeen||500g||Choose boneless pieces|
|Pepper Powder||½ Tablespoon||For cooking Fish|
|Water||For cooking Fish|
|Salt||For cooking Fish|
|Corn flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Water||For Corn Flour batter|
|Pepper Powder||A Pinch for corn flour batter|
|Salt||A small Pinch||For corn flour batter|
|Egg White||From 2 Eggs|
|Garlic||4 Fat Cloves||Skinned and Chopped Finely|
|Dried Bread Crumbs||½ Cup||For roll fish balls|
|Dried Bread crumbs||2 tablespoon||Extra|
|Oil||For deep frying fish balls|
Method For Crispy Fish Balls (Pan Fried Fish Balls)
• In a sauce pan, add fish pieces, water, pepper and salt for cooking fish. Cook until tender and dry in texture. Keep aside for cool.
• When cooled, remove its bones and skin. Shred it.
• In a small bowl, place corn flour, salt and pepper for batter. Add water slowly and make a batter form (it not to be too thin and too thick). Keep the spoon in the batter and mix occasionally, otherwise batter become hard in the base part of the bowl. Keep aside for dipping purpose.
• In a plate, place bread crumbs and keeps aside for rolling purpose.
• In a mixing bowl, Place cooked and shredded fish, garlic, egg white and extra pepper and bread crumbs. Combine well.
• When it’s mixed well, use your hand and make small balls.
• Dip the balls in the batter individually and place on bread crumbs plate.
• Role the balls evenly.
• Keep rolled balls in an air tight container.
• Repeat the process until the fish mix will finish.
• Heat oil in a deep frying pan. When heat is enough for flying, place fish balls (small batch) and fry fish balls until brown and crispy.
• Remove crispy fish balls from heat and place on the kitchen tissue/towels.
• Serve hot with tartar sauce or chilly sauce and enjoy 🙂
Notes and Tips
You can freeze the shaped fish balls for 1 month; bring it to room temperature before frying time.