Kerala Banana fritter (pazham Pori/ Ethakkaappam/ Vaazhakkaappam) is one of tasty and healthy traditional snacks in our god’s own country Kerala, India. In my own experience, it is very popular and hunger relief snack in Kerala’s school, college, office, hospital canteens :-). Now days we can see, the traditional or Naadan Kerala delicacies such as kappa, Puttu, Appam, Pazham Pori etc… as a prime part and parcel of all aboard malayalee’s food festivals and parties, so try and experience this simple and tasty Kerala (India) traditional snack recipe and enjoy 🙂
|Recipe Type||Sweet Snack/ Kerala|
|Preparation and Cooking time||10 to 15 Minutes|
|Serve To||2 to3|
Ingredients For Kerala Banana Fritter ( Pazham Pori/ Ethakkaappam/ Vaazhakaappam)
|Kerala Banana’s/Ethappazham( Medium Ripe and Sweet)||4 (Medium Size)||Peeled and Slit into two|
|Rice Flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||2 to 3 Tablespoon||Adjust as per Banana’s sweetness|
|Turmeric Powder||A Pinch|
|Cardamom Powder||A Pinch (Optional)|
|baking Soda||A Pinch||Optional|
|Water||Required for a thick and smooth batter|
|Oil||For Deep Frying|
Method For Kerala Banana Fritter ( Pazham Pori/ Ethakkaappam/ Vaazhakaappam)
• Place flours, sugar, salt and spices in a mixing bowl and mix well.
• Add water slowly; make a thick and smooth batter. Keep aside.
• Heat oil in a frying pan, when oil is warm enough dip each banana pieces in the batter (Make sure every side of banana is well coated with the batter) and fry.
• When banana fritters are crispy and light golden colour, remove from heat and drain excess oil.
• Serve hot with tea or coffee and enjoy :-). Here is a simple video for “how to make kerala banana fritter in simple way”.Hope it is a good help for you all 🙂
For malayalam recipe please click HERE
You can find more Kerala recipes HERE
farin ahmed says
Yum yum frittters… love to have in this season
Pazhampori adipoli or chaya koode eduthadte
This is one my favorite..Looks superb!!
Yummy yummy.. Perfect snack with coffee..
Seena Koshy says
Chumma kothippikkalae Rani.. These fritters are always my favourite nalumani palaharam.. 🙂
Rani Vijoo says
Ha ha..thanks Seena 😀