Fried Calamari/ Squid is a wonderful Italian seafood starter or appetizer.Spiced Fried Calamari / Squid/ Kanava/ Koonthal is a spiced version of Fried calamari.It is a wonderful seafood appetizer. In my house, my kids and hubby would clear the Spiced calamari / Squid /kanava fries as soon as the first batch is cooked even before I could prepare the next batch 🙂 yeah! This dish should be consumed in such a manner because it must be served immediately hot and crispy. Try this wonderful Spiced Fried Calamari /Squid/ Kanava recipe and enjoy!
|Cooking and Preparation Time||20 to 30 minutes|
|Serve to||3 to 4|
Ingredients For Spiced Fried Calamari / Squid/ Kanava/ Koonthal
|Cleaned Calamari (Squid/ koonthal/ kannava)||500g||Cut into circle/ ring shape|
|Plain Flour/Maida||150 g|
|Baking Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Fresh Milk||100 ml||you can use water instead of milk|
|Black Pepper Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Chilly powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Salt||As per your taste|
|Oil||For deep frying|
|Lemon||1/2 portion||For Serving/garnishing|
Method For Spiced Fried Calamari/ Squid/ kanava/ Koonthal
• Mix flour, baking powder, spices, beaten egg, 1 tablespoon oil, milk and salt in a mixing bowl. Make a thick and smooth batter.
• Heat oil in a frying pan.
• Dip calamari one by one in the batter and place in the hot oil.(Make sure oil is hot enough for frying)
• when its golden brown and puffy, remove from oil and drain on kitchen towel/ tissue.
• Serve immediately with lemon wedges or chilly sauce and enjoy!