Tiramisu is a tasty and non-bake Italian dessert. It is a divine and delicious dessert for parties and festivals. Now you are wondering why I present this continental dessert during the new year time. Yes! it has many reasons. The one and main reason is the Italian word “Tiramisu” means “Pick me up” or “lift me up”. Here my blog and my blogging career is celebrating its first anniversary so I like to thank sincerely the people who have encourage and ‘lifted me up’. I am sure, I enjoying the whole experience and learning process especially from you friends and supporter’s love and warm reception. “Pick me up” again and again 🙂 , giving me your constructive feed back always.I will try to give you my best 🙂
“Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties”.– Helen Keller 🙂 So enjoy your present and celebrate your life. Have a wonderful and peaceful 2015 to all, Happy New Year 🙂
|Cooking and preparation Time
|30 to 45 minutes
|At least 8 hours
|6 to 8
Ingredients For Tiramisu ( An Italian Dessert/Non-bake Cake)
|Sponge finger Biscuits (savoiardi)
|20 to 24 pieces
|Strong Black Coffee
|Sugarless Coca Powder
Method For Tiramisu ( An Italian Dessert/Non-bake Cake)
• In a double boiler (Heat water in a big sauce pan and place the mixer pan in the boiling water) combine egg yolks, sugar and milk. Whisk continuously (Do not stop beating until removed from the heat) and cook until a thick custard form. Set aside and live it to cool.
• Beat egg white until stiff and peak form. Fold in the mascarpone cheese with the egg white. When mix well, add cooled custard and combine. Make a thick and smooth cream, Keep aside.
• Place cooled dark coffee in a sauce pan.
• Dip half of the finger biscuits very quickly into the coffee, and line the bottom of a square dish. (You might find that you need to break a few into pieces to fit them in the dish).
• Scoop half portion of custard mixture, place and level it over the layered biscuits.
• Layer the balance biscuits evenly.
• Scoop the remaining custard over it and level well.
• Spread/dust coco powder top of the layers and cover well.
• Cover the tray with an aluminium foil .Refrigerate for at least 8 hours for setting.
• Serve cool and enjoy 🙂
you can get the Italian ingredients such as Mascarpone Cheese, Sponge finger Biscuits (savoiardi)in any super markets.In singapore, it is available in cold storage.
You can make many layered Tiramisu.In this picture I made 4 layers, 2 layers is common and acceptable