Konju Muringakka Manga Etta Curry ( Prawns with Drumstick and Raw Mango Curry ) is a favourable seafood delicacy of certain places in Kerala. I learned this tasty recipe from my mother because my home town kollam, it is a very popular dish . Normally she prepares this non-spicy recipe during the drumstick and mango seasons in Kerala. This is one of my favourites ‘ Ozhichu Curry’ ( side dish with watery gravy ) so I prepare this recipe occasionally in my magic kitchen .You know guys? In Singapore, mangoes and drumsticks are always on season because our supermarkets are always seasoned with these kind of Indian vegetables 😉 🙂 So we can cook any kerala dish at any time 🙂 actually that is a great blessing for kerala food lovers like me :-).
Konju Muringakka Manga Etta Curry( Prawns with Drumstick and Raw Mango Curry ) is a combination of fresh prawns, drumsticks and green mango in a coconut ground paste.The highlight of this curry is its seasoning and its gives a special taste and aroma. You can use tomatoes instead of raw mangoes in this curry .Konju Muringakka Manga Etta Curry is great to serve with spicy fish curry or fish fry or mango pickle. Hmmmm….yummy…combination 🙂 hope you guys also love this seafood delicacy like me . Try it and enjoy 🙂
|Recipe Type||Side Dish|
|Cooking and Preparation Time||20 to 30 Minutes|
|Serve to||4 to 5|
Ingredients For Konju Muringakka Manga Etta Curry
|Prawns(small medium size)||250 Gram||Peeled and cleaned|
|Drumstick/Muringakka||2 Numbers||Cut and Split into Lengthwise|
|Raw mango(pulliyulla pacha manga)||1 medium size||Peeled and diced|
|Green Chilly||3 or 4||Cut into Length wise|
|Big Onion||1 Big||Sliced|
|Water||As per Your Taste|
|Salt||As per Your Taste|
Ingredients For Coconut paste
|Fresh Grated Coconut||150 Gram|
|Turmeric Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilly Powder||½ Teaspoon|
|Shallots/Small Onion||2 Number||diced|
|Cumin Seed Powder||½ Teaspoon|
Ingredients For Seasoning/Tempting Konju Muringakka Manga Etta Curry
|Mustard Seeds||½ Teaspoon|
|Shallots/ Small Onion||3 Numbers||Chopped Finely|
|Garlic||3 cloves||chopped finely|
|Red Dry chilly||3 Numbers||Cut into small pieces|
Methods For Konju Muringakka Manga Etta Curry
- Grind ingredients for coconut paste in a mixer or food processor and make a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat a sauce pan with drumsticks, raw mangoes, onions, green chilly and curry leaves with required water and salt. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- When it’s boiled well, add prawns in it. Cook 5 more minutes.( Do not overcook prawns, it will be rubbery in texture)
- Add coconut smooth paste in it and mix well.
- Cook the gravy next 2 to 3 minutes. Do not boil the coconut gravy too much. Turn off the heat.
- Heat oil in another frying pan. Pop mustard seeds. When it’s popped and chopped small onions, dry red chillies and curry leaves. Fry until the onions turn golden brown and crispy. Turn off the heat.
- Pour it to the Konju Muringakka Manga Etta Curry. Mix well.
- Your yummy Konju Muringakka Etta Curry is ready!. Serve it with boiled rice and Spicy Fish curry or Fish Fry or Mango Pickle and enjoy 🙂
yummmy n inviting
Rani Vijoo says
Thanks a lot Jay for your lovely comment 🙂
Andrew George says
A yammmmmeeeee… dish and the photo makes me very hungry by just looking at … keep on blogging …
Rani Vijoo says
🙂 Thanks dear for your encouragement and support 🙂
shweta a says
Very tempting. Indeed it would have been a treat:)
Rani Vijoo says
Thanks a lot Shweta…its really great words 🙂 Thanks for your support!
My favorite. Love it