French Beans and Dried Prawns/Shrimps Stir Fry is a Chinese style vegetable preparation. In Singapore, these kinds of dishes are very popular and common in Chinese cuisines. In our home my hubby and son have been addicted to these kind of dishes so I always try to do some experiments in my kitchen lab 😉 . You know that men’s taste and satisfaction are challenging to be fulfilled. In my case, my big man is very adjustable and easy to be pleased compare to my young man 😉 🙂 yeah! My son is very selective and discerning. Compliments from him are very rare and far in between, even though rest of the members have given me thumbs up 🙂 but I never give up. My aim is always to get some medals from his pocket 🙂 This is one of such dishes I receive gold medals several times from him :-). I am sure! He loved and enjoyed a lot this Indochinese dish with hot boiled rice & fried chicken. That is the precious gold medal for me because I believe ‘a bond with mother and son is something special’. 🙂 hmmmm….njan engayoo poyitten 😉 🙂 We will come back to the stir fry recipe. French Beans and Dried Prawns/Shrimps Stir Fry is a combination of fresh French beans, onion, dried prawns, some Chinese sauces and chilly. The dried prawn’s /shrimp’s strong fragrance is the high light and main feature of this recipe. I am not sure about the original Chinese recipe; here is my own take of it. I have added some red chilly powder for its spice flavor. Any way make a try and give some off to avial, sambar, theeyal etc.. for few days 😉 here is the simple recipe try and enjoy 🙂
|Cooking and Preparation Time||15 to 20 Minutes|
Ingredients For French Beans and Dried Prawns/Shrimps Stir Fry
|French Beans||250g||Diagonally Sliced|
|Garlic (Big)||2 cloves||Chopped Finely|
|Big Onion||1 medium Size||Chopped Finely|
|Dark Soya Sauce||¾ to 1Tablespoon|
|Oyster Sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chilly powder||1 Teaspoon|
Method For French Beans and Dried Prawns/Shrimps Stir Fry
• Place dried prawns/shrimps in a blender. Grind and make a crushed powder form. Keep aside.
• Heat oil in a Chinese wok or non-stick pan. Add garlic.
• When its turn brown, add chopped onion and stir until golden brown.
• Add crushed shrimp/prawns powder, stir and fry for 2 minutes.
• Add 1 teaspoon chilly powder and stir next 1 minute.
• Add sliced beans stir and mix well with the onion, prawns/ shrimps, spice mix.
• Sprinkle some water, cover and cook for next 4 to 5 minutes in a medium heat.
• Uncover the pan; add 1 table spoon soya sauce. Stir continuously in a high heat.
• Add 1 table spoon oyster sauce gradually. Stir and fry continuously.
• When all sauces well coated with beans slices turn off the heat and taste it. Add salt if required. (Use salt carefully because soya sauce and dried prawns contain plenty of salt flavor)
• Serve hot with boiled rice or noodles with chicken fries and enjoy 🙂
Do not over cook french beans. For this recipe, we need a crunchy texture.
Use salt carefully because soya sauce and dried prawns contain plenty of salt flavor
Try to use young/tender beans for this recipe