Mutter Paneer / Matar Paneer/ Green Peas and Cottage Cheese Curry is a tasty North Indian vegetarian delicacy. Here I would like to share Mutter Paneer in a restaurant style. Its taste awesome and delicious. Mutter Paneer/Matar Paneer is a good side dish with Chappathi, Naan, boiled basmati rice etc. Try this royal Indian vegetarian delicacy and enjoy!
|Side Dish/ Vegetarian
|Preparation and Cooking Time
|4 to 5
Ingredients For Mutter Paneer/ Matar Paneer/ Green Peas and Cottage Cheese Curry
|Cooked Green Peas
|1 Cup ( 200g -250g)
|Cashew Nuts and Almond Paste
|Soak and grind nuts.Make a paste.
|Ginger and Garlic Paste
|Dice and grind. Make paste form.
|From 3 tomatoes
|Dice and grind.Make a puree.
|Roasted Cumin seed Powder
|As per your taste
|Approximately 1 1/2 Cup
|For shallow fry paneer
|Heavy thick cream
Method For Mutter Paneer/ Matar Paneer/ Green Peas and Cottage Cheese Curry
• Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a non stick pan, place Paneer cubes and make a shallow fry.Remove from pan and keep aside.
• Add remaining oil in the same pan, add nuts paste and ginger garlic paste. Saute well.
• When its light golden brown, add onion paste and saute until golden brown.
• Add tomato puree, saute next 2 minutes.
• Add spices,chopped green chilly saute well until its raw smell goes away.
• Add water and salt as required, mix well and allow it to boil.
• When the gravy boiled, add cooked green peas and mix well.
• Cover and cook 2 minutes.
• Uncover the pan, add fried paneer cubes in the gravy in a low flame. Mix and cook next 2 minutes.( Do not cover the pan, it will over cook paneer)
• when gravy thickens, turn off the heat and add cream. Mix well.
• Yummy Mutter Paneer is ready. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and a pinch garam Masala.
• Serve hot or cold with chappathi, naan, boiled basmati rice etc..and enjoy!