Mutter Paneer / Matar Paneer/ Green Peas and Cottage Cheese Curry is a tasty North Indian vegetarian delicacy. Here I would like to share Mutter Paneer in a restaurant style. Its taste awesome and delicious. Mutter Paneer/Matar Paneer is a good side dish with Chappathi, Naan, boiled basmati rice etc. Try this royal Indian vegetarian delicacy and enjoy!
|Recipe Type||Side Dish/ Vegetarian|
|Preparation and Cooking Time||20 minutes|
|Serve to||4 to 5|
Ingredients For Mutter Paneer/ Matar Paneer/ Green Peas and Cottage Cheese Curry
|Paneer Cubes||200 g|
|Cooked Green Peas||1 Cup ( 200g -250g)|
|Oil/ Ghee||2 tablespoon|
|Cashew Nuts and Almond Paste||2 Tablespoon||Soak and grind nuts.Make a paste.|
|Ginger and Garlic Paste||2 tablespoon|
|Big Onion||2 Big||Dice and grind. Make paste form.|
|Tomato Puree||From 3 tomatoes||Dice and grind.Make a puree.|
|Coriander Powder||2 teaspoon|
|Roasted Cumin seed Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Garam Masala||2 teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Chilly Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Green Chilly||2 Numbers||Chopped Finely|
|Salt||As per your taste|
|Water||as required||Approximately 1 1/2 Cup|
|Oil||2 tablespoon||For shallow fry paneer|
|Heavy thick cream||3 tablespoon||Optional|
|Coriander Leaves||Chopped||For garnishing|
Method For Mutter Paneer/ Matar Paneer/ Green Peas and Cottage Cheese Curry
• Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a non stick pan, place Paneer cubes and make a shallow fry.Remove from pan and keep aside.
• Add remaining oil in the same pan, add nuts paste and ginger garlic paste. Saute well.
• When its light golden brown, add onion paste and saute until golden brown.
• Add tomato puree, saute next 2 minutes.
• Add spices,chopped green chilly saute well until its raw smell goes away.
• Add water and salt as required, mix well and allow it to boil.
• When the gravy boiled, add cooked green peas and mix well.
• Cover and cook 2 minutes.
• Uncover the pan, add fried paneer cubes in the gravy in a low flame. Mix and cook next 2 minutes.( Do not cover the pan, it will over cook paneer)
• when gravy thickens, turn off the heat and add cream. Mix well.
• Yummy Mutter Paneer is ready. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and a pinch garam Masala.
• Serve hot or cold with chappathi, naan, boiled basmati rice etc..and enjoy!